The 5 Best Value Recycling Bins for Schools
1 - WMRecycle – Designed to complement the bright nature of the classroom, these internal recycling bins are available in 4 bright colours and manufactured from robust plastic which can be easily wiped clean. Each bin contains a 50 litre capacity which is easily enough space to collect recyclable materials in the classroom without taking up much floor space.
- Available in 4 striking colours
- Push flap to keep waste hidden
- Easily wiped clean
- Choice of 12 recycling stream stickers
- Manufactured from robust plastic which bends and flexes rather than snaps
- Only a selection of 4 colours
- The 50 litre capacity is not substantial enough for locations which collect large volumes of recycling
- Not all sticker choices coincide with the colour of the bin
2 - Recycle 50 – Make recycling a breeze with these open top 50 litre recycling bins, manufactured from commercial grade plastic, you can be assured quality without having to spend a small fortune. They can either be used simply on their own for general waste or use them as a group to create your very own recycling station, available 8 colour lid options with an open aperture to ensure waste and recycling is disposed of hands free.
- 8 Lid colours to choose from
- Base is available in either dark or light grey
- Commercial grade plastic flexes rather than snaps
- Easily wiped clean
- Clear vinyl stickers to ensure any combination of lid and sticker will match the lid choice
- Generous 50 litre capacity
- Light grey base shows up grime and dirt
- Open top lid allows waste to be visible and does let unpleasant odours from escaping
3 - Open 50 – Introduce recycling into the classroom with these stylish round Open Top recycling bins, manufactured from robust plastic with an integrated foot plate to help keep the bin steady whilst changing the liner. Easily visible from a distance with the brightly coloured lids and the A5 coloured recycling label. The round lids are easily removed for bag changing and incorporate an open aperture to allow quick disposal of waste.
- Flexible plastic construction
- Integrated foot plate to help facilitate emptying
- Generous 50 litre capacity to hold daily volumes of waste
- Attractive, modern design
- Available in either a silver or white coloured base
- Sticker choices will not marry up with lid colours in some combinations
- White bases prone to showing grubby marks on over time
- Open top aperture can allow unpleasant smells to be released as well as allowing the waste to be visible.
4 - MyBin – The perfect choice for schools that are on a budget, a pack of Mybins consists of 5 cardboard recycling bins and 5 liners so you are ready to go from the offset. To match our recycling ethos, these bins are made from recycled cardboard and come with a reinforced lid with a wipe clean surface. Lightweight and easy to move with the integrate handles allow these bins to be freely moved around the chosen location.
- 60 Litre capacity
- Rigid cardboard construction
- 100% Recyclable at end of life
- Easy to assemble
- Recycling streams are the WRAP recommended colours for that particular stream
- Base would show signs of wear and tear over time
- White body can show dirt and grime
- Large opening allows waste to be visible and can have unpleasant odours released
- Only choice of 5 recycling streams
- The height of the opening may be challenging for smaller children to dispose of their waste.
5 - Open90 – If you are looking for a large capacity recycling bin without spending a fortune, this large 90 litre capacity bin could be the perfect choice. Manufactured from robust, durable plastic, it is ideal for areas where high volumes of waste and recyclables are collected such as the school canteen or main reception areas. Complete with a bag retaining clamp to help keep the liner in place when in use and comes with a large opening lid to allow quick disposal of waste.
- Large 90 litre capacity for substantial waste collection
- Slim profile body does not take up valuable floor space
- Bright coloured lids and A5 recycling sticker ensure visibility from a distance
- Large opening in the lid can allow odours to escape
- The height of the bin may be challenging for smaller children to dispose of waste.